We are the next generation of America’s frontline.
WHO WE ARE
Law Enforcement Explorer Post 181, located in Tucson, Arizona is an all volunteer career-oriented program that allows qualified young men and women, ages 14 to 20, the opportunity to explore a career in law enforcement by working with dedicated law enforcement professionals.
The Law Enforcement Explorer Program is designed to provide a training experience for the participants and to contribute to the development of skills that they will be able to employ in a future law enforcement profession.
WHAT WE DO
As a member of Law Enforcement Explorer Post 181, you will develop leadership, interpersonal communication and decision making skills. You will also participate in national events, local community service as well as competitions with other Explorer programs. Becoming an Explorer will provide an opportunity to network with other law enforcement agencies, both locally and federally. Participants receive training which contribute to the development of skills that can be employed in law enforcement professions.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Police Procedures
- Radio Communications
- Handcuffing and Searching
- Constitutional and Immigration Law
- Report Writing
- Traffic Stops
- Crime Scene Investigations
- And much more…
WHAT YOU’LL DEVELOP
- Leadership skills
- Inter-personal Communication skills
- Team building
Learning for Life and Boy Scouts of America program objectives include:
- To provide a program of training that educates young adults on the purpose, mission and objectives of law enforcement agencies.
- To provide an opportunity for service, practical experiences, competition and recreation.
- To help prepare Explorers become better citizens and community members through character development, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism.
Explorer Post 181 is led by the Explorer Post 181 Advisor Association which was created in 2014 for the purposes of Law Enforcement Exploring and is an incorporated entity recognized by the State of Arizona, a non-profit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code.
Explorer Post 181 Goals:
- To match qualified law enforcement professionals with interested youth in the Tucson area.
- Offer hands-on experience in law enforcement techniques and operations through classroom lectures and practical exercises.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with members of the community through outreach and community service.
- Create a culture that will instill discipline and self-respect in those young adults who participate in the program.
- Teach skills, such as leadership, dedication, teamwork, honesty, professionalism and integrity, that the young adult may take with them as they develop and progress throughout life.
- Develop physical and mental fitness.
- Provide those youth not interested in a career in law enforcement the opportunity to explore other professional careers and scholarship opportunities in order to pursue a higher education.